SparkFun 9DoF Razor IMU M0
- Product ID: 2943
- MPN: SFE14001
DescriptionThe SparkFun 9DoF Razor IMU M0 combines a SAMD21 microprocessor with an MPU-9250 9DoF (9 Degrees of Freedom) sensor to create a tiny, reprogrammable, multipurpose IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit). It can be programmed to monitor and log motion, transmit Euler angles over a serial port or even act as a step-counting pedometer.
The 9DoF Razor’s MPU-9250 features three 3-axis sensors—an accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer—that give it the ability to sense linear acceleration, angular rotation velocity and magnetic field vectors. The onboard microprocessor, Atmel’s SAMD21, is an Arduino-compatible, 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0+ microcontroller also featured on the Arduino Zero and SAMD21 Mini Breakout boards.
In addition to a pair of ICs, the 9DoF Razor IMU includes a µSD card socket, LiPo battery charger, power-control switch, and a host of I/O breakouts for project expansion. It comes preprogrammed with example firmware and an Arduino-compatible bootloader, so you can customize the firmware and flash new code over a USB connection.
- Integrated MPU-9250 IMU and SAMD21 microprocessor
- LiPo battery charger
- µSD card socket
- Preprogrammed example firmware that streams and/or logs:
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer data…
- …and/or quaternions, and Euler angles
- Arduino-programmable via USB
- New MPU-9250 Arduino library with support for the chip’s digital motion processing capabilities
- Extra SAMD21 pins broken out
- System on/off switch