Raspberry Pi TV HAT
- Product ID: 9075
This add-on board lets you receive digital DVB-T2 TV streams on your Raspberry Pi to view them or stream them over a network to other devices. The Raspberry Pi TV HAT has a DVB-T2 and DVB-T tuner on board, which allows you to receive and decode digital television streams on your Raspberry Pi.
- Sony CXD2880 TV tuner
- Supported TV standards:
- Reception frequency: VHF III, UHF IV, UHF V
To get started you'll need:
- Any 40-pin Raspberry Pi (including Pi Zero and Zero W, provided they have headers soldered)
- A suitable aerial to receive broadcast TV (not provided)
We've put together a downloadable step-by-step guide to Getting started with the TV HAT, which walks you through the complete setup process.
- Raspberry Pi TV HAT product brief
- Raspberry Pi TV HAT mechanical drawing
- More detailed information on Raspberry Pi hardware
Raspbian Stretch (or later) is required for using the TV HAT. Download the latest version of Raspbian here.
For how to install Raspbian, see our online guide to Getting started with your Pi.
The software we recommend for decoding TV streams and viewing content is TVHeadend. Instructions for setting this up are in our guide to Getting started with the TV HAT.
Media player support