Pimoroni Micro Dot pHAT with Included LED Modules - Red
- Product ID: 2588
- MPN: ADA3248
Looking for an unashamedly old school LED matrix display board? Lookie here! The Pimoroni Micro Dot pHAT is made up of six red LED matrices, each 5x7 pixels (for an effective display area of 30x7) plus a decimal point, using the beautiful little Lite-On LTP-305 matrices.
Perfect for building a retro scrolling message display, a tiny 30-band spectrum analyzer, or a retro clock. Far out!
As with the other pHATs, it works with all of the 40-pin Raspberry Pi variants - 3/2/B+/A+/Zero - but using it with the Pi Zero makes for a super-tiny package.
- 3x onboard IS31FL3730 LED matrix driver chips
- Drives up to 6 x LTP-305 red LED matrices
- Up to 30x7 pixels (5x7 per matrix plus a decimal point)
- Assembled Micro Dot pHAT PCB
- 2x20 0.1" female GPIO header
- 6 Red LTP-305 LED modules
Micro Dot pHAT also works well with other pHATs and HATs. You could use it in combination with pHAT DAC to display the audio spectrum, or with Enviro pHAT to display its temperature, pressure and light readings. Give it a try!
Note: These pHAT boards require you to solder on the headers and LTP-305 modules (through-hole components). Works with any 40-pin Raspberry Pi variant.
- Board Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 2.5mm
- Board Weight: 6.6g / 0.2oz
- Assembled Dimensions (with header): 65mm x 30mm x 14mm
- Assembled Weight (with header): 16g / 0.57oz
Pimoroni has put together a comprehensive Python library to make using the Micro Dot pHAT really simple, as well as a guide to assembling it, and a getting started guide to show you how to install and use the Python library.
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.