Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner (ROCK Pi Version)
- Product ID: 9147
The Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner (ROCK Pi Version) comes in three different frequency variants:
- 470 MHz (CN470) - this is suitable for China.
- 868 MHz (EU868, IN865, RU864) - this is suitable for EU, India, Russia and a variety of other countries.
- 915 MHz (US915, AU915, KR920, AS923-1/2/3) - this is suitable for USA, Australia, New Zealand and lots of countries in South America and Asia.
If you are unsure which frequency you need to order you can take a look at our Helium Region tool.
In the Nebra HNT hotspot miners, the frequency plan for the LoRa concentrator (for example US915 or AU915) is determined automatically based on the location that you choose for the "location assert". This means that within the frequency variants (470 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz) you can move it to a new location with a different frequency plan and it will auto-update. This only works within a single frequency - for example you can change from a US915 to AU915 location. But you can't change from a US915 location to EU868 or CN470 without changing the concentrator module.
Proof of Coverage
The Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner earns HNT Helium tokens when devices connect, and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, Hotspot Miners earn more HNT when they're in range of other miners, but need to be at least 300 metres apart.
The range depends on the environment:
- Rural areas: ~10 miles or more.
- Dense areas: ~ 1 mile.
Single HNT Hotspot Miners earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
How much does this miner earn?
Compared to other cryptocurrencies there isn't a constant amount of HNT earned per day by the units due to the variations on a setup to setup basis.
Take a look at this coverage map to see what others in your region are earning.
This kit comes with:
- Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner (ROCK Pi Version)
- 1 x 3dBi Plastic LoRa Antenna
- 1 x WiFi Antenna
- 12V 2.5A USB-C Charger (Worldwide)
- 1 x Ethernet Cable
- Nebra ECC Key for securely storing your swarm key.
- Hotspot $40 onboarding fee
- First $10 location assert
- *Any change of location after are covered by the user at a cost of $10 USD / 1,000,000 DC.
The Nebra hotspot miners come with two options for managing your hotspot remotely.
You can sign up for the hotspot management platform here.
This includes built-in auto-update functionality (via an auto updater-script) for the life of the device at no extra charge.
The advanced plan includes a management dashboard allowing you to remotely manage your fleet of miners, check device stats, hotspot performance and more.
- Maximum TX Power: 24-27 dBm
- WAN Connectivity (Ethernet Port or WiFi)
- High Endurance Storage: 32GB eMMC
- RAM: 2GB
- CPU Specification: Dual-core cortex A72 1.8GHz and quad-core a53 1.4GHz with onboard WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 4.
- Network Connectivity: 1GB Ethernet, 2.4 802 a/g/n WiFi
- Provides 100mbps Ethernet to the Compute Module
- Power via 12V 2.5A USB-C Charger
- Base SOM: RCOK Pi RK3399 Processor
- Antenna connector: RP-SMA Female Connector
- Dimensions: 94mm x 70mm x 53mm
- Weight: 353g
Indoor vs Outdoor Miner
The biggest difference is the outdoor unit comes in a case that is suitable to be used outside in mixed environments and has a few extra features. To help you decide we've created this handy guide.