MaxBotix MB7574 SCXL-MaxSonar-WRST7
- Product ID: 8452
- MPN: MB7574
Features of the weather resistant MB7574, SCXL-MaxSonar-WRST7, include reduced impact of condensation and frost when ran continuously in closed or high-moisture environments, millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 500mm to 5000mm for the nearest detectable target, heightened sensitivity over our standard sensors, a 0.6Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and TTL serial.
The MB7574 from the SCXL-MaxSonar-WRS line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
The SCXL-MaxSonar-WRS sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7574 has an internal filter that is a recent biased exponential weighted average. This filter is limited to change a maximum of 1mm per reading. The sensor accurately applies temperature compensation to every reading, using either the integrated temperature sensor or the optional external temperature sensor, HR-MaxTemp.
In addition, the MB7574 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7554 is the RS232 version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- Self‑cleaning transducer
- 0.58Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm range as 50cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 68mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- TTL Serial Output
- Recommended for snow level measurement
- Recommended for weather station monitoring
- Maximum range of 5 meters (196 inches)
- Rate-limiting filter
- Remembers last reported range when no target is detectable
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.