MaxBotix MB7460 4-20HR-MaxSonar-WR
- Product ID: 8454
- MPN: MB7460
Features of the weather resistant MB7460, 4-20HR-MaxSonar-WR, include millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 500mm to 5000mm for the nearest detectable target, a 7.5Hz read rate, and the industry standard 4-20mA output where 4mA is minimum range and 20mA is maximum range.
The MB7460 from the 4-20HR-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The 4-20HR-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7460 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7480 inverted output, 20-4mA, version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of ~1.6mm
- Analog current output of 4-20mA
- 7.5Hz read rate
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS compliant
- CE compliant
- Internal or external temperature compensation
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm typically range as 50cm
- Maximum Range of 5-meters (196 inches)
- Operates from 10V-32VDC
- <40mA average current requirement
- Small, light‑weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- Base sensor that is great for application testing
- 4mA is the minimum reported range and 20mA is maximum reported range
Retail Price Range: $199.95
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.