MaxBotix MB7344 HRXL-MaxSonar-WRST4
- Product ID: 8435
- MPN: MB7344
Features of the weather resistant MB7344, HRXL-MaxSonar-WRST4, include millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 500mm to 5000mm for the nearest detectable target, heightened sensitivity over our standard sensors, a 6Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and TTL serial.
The MB7344 from the HRXL-MaxSonar-WRS line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
The HRXL-MaxSonar-WRS sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7344 has an internal filter that will reset to targets that are considered valid outside of a 2% distance to target window. This makes the sensor ideal for targets that occasionally move rapidly. The sensor accurately applies temperature compensation to every reading, using either the integrated temperature sensor or the optional external temperature sensor, HR-MaxTemp.
In addition, the MB7344 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7334 is the RS232 version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- 6Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm range as 50cm
- Maximum Range of 5-meters (196 inches)
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 3.1mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- TTL Serial Output
- Recommended for snow level measurement
- Recommended for weather station monitoring
- Great for applications with slow moving targets
- Maximum range of 5 meters (196 inches)
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.