MaxBotix MB7076 XL-MaxSonar-WRLA1 Ultrasonic Sensor
- Product ID: 6571
- MPN: MB7076
Take your sonar outside - great for all weather robots! The MaxSonar-WRLA1 ignores smaller targets and only reports the range to target with the largest acoustic return. This is our most advanced weather resistant sensor designed for target detection and ranging outdoors or in the tank or bin applications.
The weather-resistant XL-MaxSonar-WRLA1 is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL‑MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long range detection zones.
Features of the weather resistant MB7076, XL-MaxSonar-WRLA1, include centimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 20cm to 1064cm for the nearest detectable target, a 10Hz read rate, and various output options: analog envelope, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Analog Envelope
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4″ National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Our longest range outdoor, weather resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Analog envelope output for easy troubleshooting and signal processing
- Maximum range of 1068 cm (450 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
Documents and Downloads
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments.
We cover the add-on requirements for our WR lines of sensors in certain chemical environments.