MaxBotix MB1220 XL-MaxSonar-EZ2
- Product ID: 8494
- MPN: MB1220
Features of the MB1220, XL-MaxSonar-EZ2, include centimeter resolution, an excellent compromise between sensitivity and side object rejection, short to long distance detection, range information from 20cm to 765cm, a 10Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
This makes the MB1220 is a great choice for applications that require decreased sensitivity to side objects than the MB1210.
The MB1220 from the XL‑MaxSonar‑EZ line of sensors is a very small, less than one cubic inch, ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes with mounting holes provided on the circuit board for easy installation in nearly all applications.
In addition, the MB1220 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz reading rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, RS232 Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no dead zone, objects closer than 20 cm range as 20 cm
- Operates from 3.3-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from 0˚C to +65˚C (32˚F to +149˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Balanced design gives both high sensitivity and noise tolerance
- Our most recommended sensor from the XL-MaxSonar-EZ sensor line
- Maximum range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Hardware gain of 1000
- Medium range, medium detection zone for small targets
Quote Request Form: For orders greater than 100 sensors