AxiDraw MiniKit 2
- Product ID: 9155
- MPN: 2542
- AxiDraw MiniKit 2 Precision Pen Plotter: Compact DIY Kit Edition
- Offers an extremely versatile machine
- Designed for lighter-duty applications
- Comes with a small mounting easel
- Uses the standard AxiDraw pen holder
- Capable of writing or drawing on almost any flat surface
- Ideally suited for use as a signature machine
The AxiDraw MiniKit 2 Precision Pen Plotter: Compact DIY Kit Edition is a special compact addition to the AxiDraw lineup. Designed for lighter-duty applications, It takes up less desk space and less storage space. It's considerably more portable, too.
The AxiDraw MiniKit 2 has a working area of about 6 x 4 inches (150 x 100 mm): Big enough to be useful for a wide range of applications including short notes, postcards, and addressing envelopes.
The AxiDraw is an extremely versatile machine, designed to serve a wide variety of everyday and specialized drawing and writing needs. You can use it for almost any task that might normally be carried out with a handheld pen.
The AxiDraw MiniKit 2 uses the standard AxiDraw pen holder. It fits a wide variety of pens, including Sharpie fine and ultra-fine point markers, most rollerball and fountain pens, small-bodied whiteboard markers, and so forth.
It can hold a fountain pen at a proper angle of 45° to the paper. You can also use implements that aren't pens, such as pencils, chalk, charcoal, brushes, styluses on touchscreens, and many others.
However, take note that AxiDraw is generally recommended for use with instruments such as fountain pens and rollerball pens, which do not require the user to apply pressure.
- Maximum XY travel speed: 10 inches (25 cm) per second
- Native XY resolution: 2032 steps per inch (80 steps per mm)
- Reproducibility (XY): Typically better than 0.005 inches (0.1 mm) at low speeds
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Drive directly from within Inkscape, using the AxiDraw extension
- Comprehensive user guide available for download
- Driver software free to download and open source
- Internet access is required to download software
- Additionally, AxiDraw Merge software available at no cost to AxiDraw owners
- Major structural components are machined, extruded, or folded aluminum, manufactured and anodized in the USA
- Holds pens and other drawing instruments up to 5/8 inches (16 mm) diameter and 25 g weight
- Overall dimensions: Approximately 14.25 x 9.25 x 4.25 inches (36 x 23.5 x 11 cm)
- Maximum height with cable guides: Approximately 9 inches (23 cm)
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- 1 x AxiDraw MiniKit 2 Precision Pen Plotter: Compact DIY Kit Edition
- Usable pen travel (inches): 6.3 x 4 inches
- Usable pen travel (millimeters): 160 x 101 mm
- Vertical pen travel: 0.7 inches (17 mm)
- Footprint: Approximately 13.5 x 1.7 inches (35 x 4.5) cm