Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield for Arduino
- Product ID: 167
- MPN: ADA1438
Looking to run some motors with an Arduino? This Motor shield from Adafruit will make your life a lot easier. Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo shield can run up to 4 DC motors and 2 Stepper motors. Mount it on top of the Arduino Board(Uno, Leonardo or Mega), and you get a powerful Robot driver.
It is powered with TB6612 dual H-Bridge driver that has a low voltage dropout as compared to L29D and has built in flyback diodes. Also there is dedicated PWM driver chip which handles all the motor and speed controls over I2C. Only two pins (SDA & SCL) are required to drive the multiple motors, and since it's I2C you can also connect any other I2C devices or shields to the same pins. You can also stack up to 32 of these to drive up to 64 Stepper Motors and 128 DC motors.Here's a full list of features:
- 2 connections for 5V 'hobby' servos connected to the Arduino's high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter!
- 4 H-Bridges: TB6612 chipset provides 1.2A per bridge (3A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes. Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 13.5VDC.
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil, interleaved or micro-stepping.
- Motors automatically disabled on power-up
- Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (18-26AWG) and power
- Arduino reset button brought up top
- Polarity protected 2-pin terminal block and jumper to connect external power, for separate logic/motor supplies
- Tested compatible with Arduino UNO, Leonardo, ADK/Mega R3, Due, Diecimila & Duemilanove. Works with Mega/ADK R2 and earlier with 2 wire jumpers.
- Download the easy-to-use Arduino software library, check out the examples and you're ready to go!